The PHC’s greatest need at this time is financial contributions
toward the purchase of a new ultrasound machine.
In the balance during an unintended pregnancy is not only the life of the unborn baby but the future emotional, physical, and spiritual health of two parents. With the use of ultrasound, we have found women and men give pause to the idea of abortion when they see the truth of what is growing in the womb. Ultrasound, therefore, is one of our greatest tools at the PHC. Every woman who receives a positive test result is offered a FREE ultrasound. While not every client takes us up on that offer, when they do, we are excited to show them their baby and educate them on the process of an abortion. Many will choose life for their child and either seek the assistance of an adoption agency or decide to parent their child.
With the fundraising help of the Lufkin Chapter Knights of Columbus and a matching grant of $16,124 from Supreme Knights of Columbus, the Pregnancy Help Center of Lufkin will be able to purchase a brand new, state of the art ultrasound machine from In His Image Ultrasound.
Currently, our low end ultraound (while only 3 years old) is producing grainy and inconsistent pictures. At times, we are not even able to successfully print the image of the baby that we do capture. This can be very discouraging from the perspective of the parent. Whether abortion minded or not, this first glimpse is often a huge bonding moment when a clear image is rendered.
WE NEED YOUR HELP. With the assitance of our local Knights of Columbus, the PHC is raising funds for a matching gift offered through the National Knights of Columbus. We have chosen a state of the art, brand new machine through In His Image Ultrasound Program and, once we raise our portion of $18,600, the National KOC will match us with a grant and we will proceed with ordering this machine.
As of January 31, 2013, we have raised $15,350 toward our need of $18,600, leaving ONLY $3,350 to raise. Can you help? Click the DONATE button below to make a donation directly to the ultrasound initiative.
Here are some other simple ways that you can support the efforts of the Pregnancy Help Center of Lufkin.
- Purchase gift cards in increments of $5 or $10 for give-a-ways at classes, Mother’s Day of Pampering and Mom of the Month
- Purchase gift items (soap, lotions, picture frames, candles, etc.) for our Mom of the Month Award – given to a special mom every month.
- We are always in need of cases of paper, toiletries (towels, toilet paper, soap, etc.)
- Diapers and wipes are the most acquired consumables in our Resource Room. If you could help with the purchase of diapers (premie up to training pants) anytime throughout the year, we would be appreciative.
- Bottled water, small canned drinks, chips, crackers, cookies, etc. for group classes taught at Angelina College, High Schools, Community Classes and the PHC.
- Paper goods (plates, cups, cuttlerly, napkins, etc.) for snacks during classes.
These items are excepted throughout the year and are very much appreciated. We thank you in advance for any help you can give.